| Description | Records of the parish of Leigh.
Originally a chapelry of Ashton Keynes, the parish became a separate civil parish in 1884. The benefice remained united, but with separate Parochial Church Councils. Leigh is now part of the Upper Thames group with Ashton Keynes and others.
Some records from this parish can be found among the Ashton Keynes collection as that was the main church of the benefice.
The original church, now called All Saints Chancel, still exists. It was made redundant in 1978 and is now in the care of the Churches Conservation Trust. The new church was built on a new site from parts of the old church in 1896. |